PHP code is executed on the server.
PHP evolved as a small open source project that developed as more and more people found out how useful it was.
Rasmus Lerdorf launched the first version of PHP way back in 1994.
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following:
“PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor“
What is PHP?
- PHP is an acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- PHP scripts are executed on the server
- PHP is free to download and use
What is a PHP File?
- PHP code is executed on the server, and the result is returned to the browser as plain HTML output.
- PHP files have extension “
What Can PHP Do?
- PHP can generate dynamic content on webpage
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in MySQL database
- PHP can be used to control user-access
- PHP can encrypt data
Latest Version in PHP : PHP 7.2
Latest Version of PHP is 7.2 and Release date is 30 November 2017.
- PHP 7.2 is much faster than the previous popular stable release (PHP 5.6)
- PHP 7.2 has improved Error Handling
- PHP 7.2 supports stricter Type Declarations for function arguments
- PHP 7.2 supports new operators (like the spaceship operator: